Albert Jensen Agricultural Scholarship
The Albert Jensen Agricultural Scholarship
invites applicants who are in their sophomore year to apply. Award shall be given to student(s) who will be commencing their third year in 2006/07.
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States
- Applicants home of record must be in Monterey County, with a preference to graduates of a Monterey County High School
- Applicants must be at least in their sophomore year or better in an academic agricultural or agriculturally related program
- Applicants must maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the life of the scholarship
- Applicants must be committed to using their degree(s) to fill agricultural industry needs.
The Monterey County Historical Society makes a moral commitment to renew the scholarship for up to seven additional years.The scholarship(s) shall not exceed $20,000 per academic year. The family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) will be a factor in determining the amount of the scholarship.
- Application (downloadable pdf file here). Please print (black ink) or type.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from current university/college if required, and transcripts from other colleges/universities.
- Any additional information that the scholarship donor is requesting.
- Scholarship recipient(s) must report all other scholarships to the Monterey County Historical Society.
- Deadline to Submit: = April 25, 2006 at 5:00 p.m. at the Monterey County Historical Society, P.O. Box 3576, Salinas, California 93912
Scholarship forms and materials available for students.April 25, 2006:
All complete scholarship materials must be submitted to the Monterey County Historical Society.April 30-May 20:
Scholarship applicants may be interviewed by members of the Monterey County Historical Society Scholarship Committee.Recipient Notification
Only the scholarship recipient(s) will be notified. The Monterey County Historical Society will notify the recipient directly.May 25, 2006
: If an award is made, scholarship recipient(s) will be announced and certificate(s) will be awarded by the Monterey County Historical Society.