The Monterey County Historical Society
The Albert Jensen Agricultural Scholarship invites applicants who are in their sophomore year to apply. Award shall be given to student(s) who will be commencing their third year in 2006/07.
The Monterey County Historical Society makes a moral commitment to renew the scholarship for up to seven additional years.
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States
- Applicants home of record must be in Monterey County, with a preference to graduates of a Monterey County High School
- Applicants must be at least in their sophomore year or better in an academic agricultural or agriculturally related program
- Applicants must maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the life of the scholarship
- Applicants must be committed to using their degree(s) to fill agricultural industry needs.
The scholarship(s) shall not exceed $20,000 per academic year. The family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) will be a factor in determining the amount of the scholarship.
- Application (downloadable pdf file here). Please print (black ink) or type.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from current university/college if required, and transcripts from other colleges/universities.
- Any additional information that the scholarship donor is requesting.
- Scholarship recipient(s) must report all other scholarships to the Monterey County Historical Society.
- Deadline to Submit: = April 25, 2006 at 5:00 p.m. at the Monterey County Historical Society, P.O. Box 3576, Salinas, California 93912
February 2006: Scholarship forms and materials available for students.
April 25, 2006: All complete scholarship materials must be submitted to the Monterey County Historical Society.
April 30-May 20: Scholarship applicants may be interviewed by members of the Monterey County Historical Society Scholarship Committee.
Only the scholarship recipient(s) will be notified. The Monterey County Historical Society will notify the recipient directly.
May 25, 2006: If an award is made, scholarship recipient(s) will be announced and certificate(s) will be awarded by the Monterey County Historical Society.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
- Application should be typed or neatly printed in black ink. Remember misspelling or poor grammar directly reflect upon you. REMEMBER YOUR APPLICATION SPEAKS FOR YOU!
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty members, academic counselors, or individuals that can speak to your personal characteristics, motivation, and your potential for your major.
- Submit an Essay, preferably one page long, containing: your area of study, financial need, long and short-term educational goals, and any additional information you may want the scholarship committee to consider.
- Each applicant is responsible for carefully reading the scholarship requirements and submitting all the material indicated.
- Incomplete scholarship packets will not be accepted by the Monterey County Historical Society.
- Official transcripts from current college/university and transcripts from other colleges/universities must be obtained by the applicant and submitted to:
Albert Jensen Agriculture Scholarship
Monterey County Historical Society
P. O. Box 3576
Salinas, CA 93912
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE!