Photographs of the Boronda Adobe

California Historical Landmark #870

The Boronda Adobe was built by José Eusebio Boronda between 1844 and 1848 in the grasslands of the lower Salinas Valley. Twenty years later, Salinas City was founded, and in the 130 years since then the town has grown and spread to within a few hundred yards of the Adobe.

The setting of the adobe.

Rear view of the adobe.

Period clothing.
Original Boronda letter.

MCHS Home Page

History Home Page

Main Index

Name Index